I absolutely love this meal, unfortunately, I more or less "wing it" when cooking this. The next time I make it I will make sure to keep better track of ingredients and time, however, I choose to post the "approximate" recipe for those interested now.
I paired this recipe with broccoli, Annies Macaroni & Cheese, Rice Pasta & Cheddar for myself and Kraft Macaroni for my husband.
- chicken breast
- all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 bowls
- 1 medium frying pan/skillet
- In the first bowl, crack your eggs. (1 egg should be sufficient for 2 chicken breasts.)
- Fill your second bowl about 1 inch with your all-purpose gluten free flour.
- Cover the bottom of your pan with oil and put it on the stove on medium heat. You want to make sure not to make it too hot in order to cook your chicken thoroughly without burning the outside.
- Slice your chicken breasts into tenders and spice them with your favorite spices (for this recipe I gave each tender a lighting coating of salt and pepper on either side).
- Take each chicken tender and dip both sides in the egg, making sure to get a decent covering on both sides.
- After saturating in the egg, place the tender in the flour, make sure to get a decent covering here as well. *If you don't think your tenders are covered enough you may let them sit for a moment and then repeat the process.
- When your tenders have a decent covering of flour place in the oiled pan. they should take about 5 mins on each side to fry, however, make sure to keep an eye on it and cook until juices run clear, or thickest part of chicken is cooked through when cut.