Monday, August 12, 2013

Turning Over A New Leaf

At dinner tonight my husband asked, "Whatever happened to that blog you were writing?" and I thought about it for a minute and realized I'd stopped posting because, well, I stopped cooking anything interesting. I didn't cook anything worth mentioning very often and when I did I didn't remember to post.

Yesterday I decided to turn over a new leaf. We are going on a money and food diet so I decided to try and go the next month (or until our anniversary trip) without eating out... breakfast, lunch or dinner. I know that may not sound hard, but for us, unfortunately, it is. I try to cook more often than not, but at least twice a week laziness gets the better of us and we go out to eat.

This past weekend, however, I spent a better part of my days going through nearly every cook book I have finding recipes. I have one for almost every day for the next two weeks, starting this past Saturday. I have cooked every meal since Saturday's lunch and I have a bunch more planed and I am pretty stoked!

I plan to update my blog with all of this recipes, new, or old, just in case anyone was in a rut like I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment