Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Turkey Burgers

Last night my husband and I really wanted burgers. Normally we would use ground beef, but we felt silly buying ground beef when we had ground turkey in the fridge set to expire on the 23rd and no recipe in the near future that called for ground turkey, so we made turkey burgers. When I first suggested the idea I think it is safe to say that my husband was less than enthused, his response was "No! burgers are made with beef". I won him over by using his request for me to cook less red meet against him :) hehehehe.

For this dinner I used (approximately) 1.2lbs lean ground turkey, salt, pepper and seasoning salt.

Directions
  1. Place the turkey in a medium bowl, dust with approximately 1 teaspoons of salt, 2 teaspoons of pepper and 2 tsps. of the seasoning salt and mix by hand. If you like a little extra kick you can add a little more pepper. I did this and they turned out pretty good.
  2. Once you've mixed the meat take a small handful, roll it into a ball and smash it into a patty. I made 5 little patties and 1 medium sized one.
  3. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked.

We had Caesar salad and roasted potatoes with out burgers. I cut up 3 small gold potatoes into 1 inch chunks, placed them in a bowl and covered them with paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil and then tossed them to ensure every piece had an even coverage. Next I poured them onto a baking sheet and put them in the oven for 365 degrees for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment