This was probably one of my favorite meals of the week. If you read my previous post, Chicken and Avocado with Sweet Pepper Sauce, then you know I bought the wrong chicken at the grocery store :). I bought a package of chicken tenderloins and chicken breasts "thin cut" at BJ's Wholesale instead of good old chicken breasts so the chicken recipes this week and next will be a little... iffy. :) This meal turned out pretty good. My chicken was a little dry because I cooked it too long. I didn't think about the fact I was using tenderloins until it was too late. I baked the 20 minutes and when I took them out to flip them I realized they were probably already cooked, however, I still need to get some baking time with the other side of the chicken in the glaze so I turned them over and baked them for 13 more minutes. When I do this again I will either buy real chicken breasts :) or cook them 10-12 minutes on each side if I use tenderloins again.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Start To Finish: 1 hour
Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated orange peel (optional)
- Heat oven to 375* F. Spray 13X9 in pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan, in small bowl, mix remaining ingredients except orange peel; pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil; turn chicken. Bake 10 to 30 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170*F). Sprinkle with orange peel.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that I used the leftover tenderloins to make chicken salad. When I make chicken salad I use about 1/4 mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, two celery stalks and a handful of grapes or cherries.. depending on the mood my husband is in lol. This was great because the glaze on the chicken was a little something extra with the honey and saved me a step in the chicken salad. All I had to do was shred the chicken and cut the celery (we didn't use any fruit in this one). Two meals in one :) I love when that happens.