I paired the cakes with my mother's homemade twice cooked french fries and a green salad with carrots and ranch.
Salmon-potato Cakes with Mustard Tartar Sauce
- 3 small unpeeled red potatoes (8 ounces), cut into halves
- 1 cup cooked flaked salmon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajon seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fill pickle
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Place potatoes in small saucepan and cover with water. bring to a boul; reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash with fork.
2. Combine potatoes, salmon, green onions, egg white, 1 tablespoon parsley and seasoning in medium bowl.
3. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gently shape salmon mixture into 2 patties (These make large hamburger style patties, you can also split it up into smaller flatter patties. The patty shown is one of these smaller ones. It was a little crispier and held together better than the others). Place in skillet; flatten slightly. Cook 7 minutes or until browned, turning once.
4. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, yogurt mustard, pickle, lemon juice (I put off frying the patties for the salad and preparation of the fries and made this sauce haha I missed and accidentally put the lemon juice in the bowl with the salmon while waiting to cook these) and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley (missed the 1 when reading previously and put 2 tablespoons in the salmon mixture and had to chop more for this sauce) in small bowl. Serve with cakes.